It’s fall. It’s cold. But it is pumpkin season! I am a huge fan of this homemade pumpkin spice granola. There are so many yummy ways to eat it… with almond milk, top off some ice cream with it, or sprinkle on top of waffles for a nice crunch. The list could go on and on!
Homemade granola is so easy to make and can easily be stored for continued deliciousness for a couple of weeks. Not to mention it’s so much healthier than most store bought varieties which are high in sugar and have unnecessary ingredients. This homemade pumpkin spice granola starts with a simple mix of oats, spices, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut, which is then lightly coated with the perfect combination of pumpkin, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
All About the Pumpkin
Don’t forget that when looking for canned pumpkin you are buying pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling/mix. Pumpkin puree is simply pumpkin, while the pumpkin pie mix contains sugar and added spices. We want the straight up pumpkin!
Why I Love This Granola
- Made with oats which are always a whole grain – nothing refined here.
- Lightly sweetened with maple syrup – au natural all the way.
- Added nutrients from the pumpkin puree. Pumpkin is extremely high in vitamin A, high in fiber and vitamin C, plus contains many other vitamins and minerals.
- Contains other nutrient dense foods like almonds, pumpkin seeds, and dried coconut.
Don’t forget… homemade granola makes the perfect gift. It is one of my favorite things to give around the holidays. Scoop some in mason jars, add a festive ribbon, and perfecto.. the perfect gift for family and friends!
This homemade pumpkin spice granola will keep well in an airtight container for up to two weeks – if it will last that long. Looking for more granola recipes!? Check out my easy oat and honey granola.
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below and/or share a photo on Instagram and mention @CleanPlateMama!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats certified gluten-free if needed
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add this to the oat mixture and mix until all the oats and fixings are coated.
- Evenly spread granola mix onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring at around 20 minutes. You know your granola is done when oats begin to lightly brown.
- Allow to fully cool on baking sheet before mixing and moving to a storage container. Allowing to cool first will help the granola be extra clumpy. See recipe notes for extra tips on keeping your granola clumpy.