These cinnamon oat muffins have quickly become a favorite in our house! Since I have recently cut-out gluten, I have been exploring more with gluten-free baking. We love baked goods around here, so it’s a must that I can still eat muffins even though I’ve cut out gluten. And if made the right way, baked goods can actually be pretty healthy and you don’t need to feel guilty about eating them.
These are made with whole rolled oats and oat flour (both certified gluten-free). With the cinnamon flavor I was easily able to limit the sweetener in these muffins without sacrificing flavor. And of course I use maple syrup so it’s natural sugar. With our first batch of these we didn’t have any leftover to freeze, so I will for sure be doubling the batch from now on. These are great to have for breakfast, add to lunches, or have as a quick snack.
This recipe makes 12 muffins. Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you don’ think you’ll eat them all in 3 days (you’d be surprised how fast they go), store the rest in the freezer and save for later. Here are some other of our favorite muffin recipes if you love muffins as much as we do.
Gluten-free Cinnamon Oat Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk dairy or non-dairy works
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup room temp
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 12 piece muffin pan or line with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Poor the wet mixture into the flour mixture and mix until combined. Batter will be runny.
- Evenly poor batter into the prepared muffin pan. Batter will almost fill each muffin cup.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until toothpick entered in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and remove from pan.