Saturdays are for muffins. Well, really any day of the week is for muffins, but I find myself making muffins most Saturday mornings. These are the most perfect, delicious gluten-free banana muffins. They arre dairy-free and refined-sugar free. Oh wait, did I mention they are delicious!?
If you know me, you know I’m a huge fan of muffins. They are pretty much an option for any meal of the day and are great for making in large batches and freezing. These muffins start out with just the right blend of gluten-free flours and oats to create the perfect gluten-free texture. They are lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup and bananas, so the sugar content is low compared to the other guys… WHOOP!
This recipe was adapted from a previous banana muffin recipe I had (before I went gluten-free), but in all honestly, these are way better. I even throw in some chocolate chips from time-to-time since my 6 year old is pretty much obsessed with anything that has chocolate on or in it. So, what are you waiting for!? Get these beauties in the oven and give them a try… you will be in love!
Quick tip for you regarding bananas – freeze ripe bananas and save these for when you need to bake with bananas. Take the frozen bananas from the freezer, thaw them on the counter or in the microwave if you need them right away. Freezing bananas helps to ripen them and also creates more liquid in the bananas. My recipes are written specifically for previously frozen bananas. Using bananas straight from the counter could result in drier than anticipated items.
Love muffins as much as I do? Check out my gluten-free cinnamon oat muffins for another delicious option!
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below and/or share a photo on Instagram and mention @CleanPlateMama!
Best Gluten-free Banana Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas (I like to use previously frozen as they have more liquid and are sweeter)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour through salt; stir until combined.
- Create a well in middle of bowl and add the oil through mashed bananas; mix until just combined.
- Evenly scoop mixture into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick entered in center of muffins comes out clean.