Give your morning a jumpstart with these raspberry overnight oats! They are high in plant-based protein, thanks to the hemp seeds and almond butter. All you need is 6 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep for these healthy, high protein, overnight oats!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- PROTEIN PACKED - these raspberry overnight oats are packed with plant-based protein, keeping you full all morning!
- NO ADDED SUGARS - the frozen raspberries leave a nice sweet juice as they thaw, which works perfectly as a sweetener.
- DIETERY NEEDS - gluten free and dairy free friendly.
These 6 ingredients are all you need for these high protein overnight oats.
Oats - you'll want to use rolled oats (also called old fashioned oats). Do not use quick-cooking oats; they will soak up too much of the milk and become mushy. Also, look for certified gluten-free oats, if you need/want gluten free.
Frozen raspberries - I highly recommend using frozen as opposed to fresh. The juice from the frozen raspberries helps to sweeten the oats - you won't get the same affect with fresh raspberries.
Hemp seeds - helps with the high protein content in these oats - you could use chia seeds in their place if needed. However, you won't get the same protein content, as hemp seeds have more protein.
Milk - since I'm mainly dairy free, I use unsweetened almond milk, but you can use regular milk too. If using a non-dairy milk, I recommend almond milk or coconut milk.
Clean food tip: if using dairy free milk, look for milk that contains just the source of the milk (i.e. almonds), water, and potentially salt and/or vanilla flavor. Make sure it's unsweetened, too! I love Malk and Elmhurst. A lot of dairy free milks contain some sort of gum (like guar gum) - this is generally deemed safe, but some people can be sensitive to these added gums.
Almond butter - adds a ton of flavor and is a good source of plant-based protein.
Clean food tip: Make sure your almond butter contains just almonds, and maybe salt. You don't want to see any added oils or sugars listed on the ingredient list.
How to Make Overnight Oats
This raspberry overnight oats recipe is enough for 2 servings. You can either make these in 2 separate mason jars, or combine all ingredients together in one large container and divide out in the morning.
Step 1: Combine oats, milk, and hemp seeds. Mix until combined. Top with frozen raspberries and sliced almonds. You can either add the almond butter when you prep the oats, or you can add it in the morning when you are ready to eat (I like the almond butter at room temp so I add in the morning).
Step 2: Cover and place in fridge overnight! Then enjoy these high protein overnight oats!
Nope, mix the uncooked oats with the other ingredients. The oats will soak up the milk overnight, which will soften the oats.
Yes, fresh will work in these raspberry overnight oats. However, it won't make the oats as sweet. Frozen berries have a nice sweet juice that helps to sweeten the oats. If you do use fresh, you may want to add a bit of pure maple syrup or honey.
Notes & Tips
Berries: You can really use any variation of frozen berries for these high protein overnight oats. Try switching up the berries if you'd like, but keep the hemp seeds, almond butter, and sliced almonds for the plant-based protein.
Storing: These raspberry overnight oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Making/prepping: I will typically make each serving in it's own mason jar and then cover tightly and place in the fridge. You can also make both servings in one larger container and then portion out in the morning if desired.
Check Out These Similar Recipes!
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think! I would so appreciate you leaving a star rating and/or comment below. And don't forget to share a photo on Instagram or Facebook and mention @CleanPlateMama!
Raspberry Dream Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten free if needed)
- 1 ¼ cup milk of choice (see notes)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- Use 2 pint sized mason jars for individual servings. Place ½ cups oats, ½ cup + 2 tbsp. milk, and 2 tbsp. hemp seeds in each jar. Stir until oats are fully submerged in the milk.
- Top each jar with ½ cup frozen raspberries and 1 tbsp. sliced almonds. You can either add 1 tbsp. of the almond butter now, or in the morning before eating.
- Cover each jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir all ingredients (add almond butter if needed) and enjoy!
- I use plain unsweetened almond milk, but any milk (dairy or non-dairy will work).
- I use pint-sized/16oz mason jars for each individual serving.
- If you don't need them in individual jars, you can combine all ingredients in one large container, or bowl, and divide servings out in the morning as needed.
- Feel free to add a little pure maple syrup or honey if you want yours a little bit sweeter.
- I like adding my almond butter in the morning so it's at room temperature. But you can easily add to the oats at night.
- If they are too thick for your liking, you can add more milk as needed in the morning.
- Oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days.