Give your morning a jumpstart with these overnight oats! They are high in protein, packed with fiber, and are loaded with antioxidants thanks to the healthy serving of chia seeds and cacao nibs. I have an obsession with overnight oats and we eat these multiple times a week. They are SO easy it’s hard not to have these as a breakfast staple. You can make these days ahead of time too as they will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe, along with any overnight oats recipe of mine, calls for old fashioned rolled oats (I use gluten-free). The quick cooking outs will just turn to mush, and in my opinion aren’t as good. And with all overnight oats, I highly recommend frozen fruit. The juices that are expelled once they thaw add the perfect sweetness to the oats, which means NO added sweeteners, even the natural kind! It’s so fun to play around with different flavor combinations in overnight oats as you pretty much can’t go wrong, but when you get one as good as this, it’s one that is repeated over and over again. I mean, what’s not to love about the delightful combination of raspberries, coconut, and chocolate (cacao)!?
Oh, and let’s not forget about the amazing benefits of the little, yet mighty cacao nibs. Cacao nibs are a powerhouse of a superfood! They are antioxidant rich and one of the most beneficial superfoods out there! These little gems are one of the best sources of magnesium, high in fiber, and help to enhance your mood as they promote the release of feel-good hormones…. um, yes please!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats (regular oats works too)
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk (dairy milk works too)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs
- Preferably in a mason jar, mix the oats, milk, and chia seeds (or any airtight container will work).
- Add the frozen raspberries, coconut, and cacao nibs.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or up to 3 days).
- Stir all ingredients and enjoy!