Simple Gluten-free Waffles
Perfectly fluffy on the inside, crisp on the outside and sweetened with only bananas. This is the only gluten-free waffle recipe you will need!
Servings 6 waffles
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour certified gluten-free if needed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ripe, mashed banana
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk dairy milk works too if you're not dairy-free
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Set your waffle iron to med-high heat.
In a large bowl add almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
Create a well in center of the dry ingredients and add in mashed banana and oil. Mix banana and oil (this will help the oil from solidifying again once you add the cold ingredients). After the oil is mixed with the mashed banana, add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix to combine.
Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto pre-heated waffle iron. Use a heaping 1/2 cup of batter per waffle. If needed, spray waffle iron with a non-stick spray to prevent waffles from sticking.
Using a fork, gently remove waffle once cooked. Repeat above step until all waffles are cooked.
- If not eating waffles right away I recommend putting in the toaster for a minute or so to crisp up the outside.
- These are great for freezing!
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 3mg