Almond Flour Bread with Blueberry and Lemon
This grain-free blueberry almond flour bread has the perfect touch of lemon. It's naturally sweetened and drizzled with a powdered coconut sugar glaze. This bread is a must.
Servings 12 slices
Ingredients for the Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (also called flaxseed meal)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (cow's milk works too)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
Ingredients for the Powdered Coconut Sugar Glaze
Instructions for the Bread
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Then line the bottom and short sides of pan with parchment paper (this will make it easy to remove the bread when done).
In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the blueberries.
After the dry and wet ingredients are mixed, fold in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Tent the bread with some tin foil about 35 minutes into baking to prevent top from burning.
Remove bread from oven and allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes. Using the parchment paper, remove bread from pan. Place on a cooling rack or plate. Allow to fully cool before adding the glaze and slicing.
To Make the Glaze
Add the powdered coconut sugar to a small bowl. Start by adding 1 tsp. water (or lemon juice) and whisk well. Most likely it will be too thick, so continue to slowly add water/lemon juice while whisking. You want the glaze to be thin enough to drizzle, but not too thin that it will soak into the bread.
Drizzle finished glaze on top of bread before slicing.
Slice and enjoy!
- Roughly one large lemon will be enough for the lemon juice and lemon zest needed.
- If you have enough lemon juice left over you can use that to mix with the coconut powdered sugar. If not, use water instead.
- I prefer fresh blueberries, but frozen will work too. If using frozen, do not thaw first.
- Nutritional information includes the coconut sugar glaze. If you skip the glaze, one slice will have 8 grams of sugar, 257 calories, and 18 grams of carbohydrates (no other nutrition facts are drastically impacted by the coconut sugar glaze).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. This bread is also great for freezing.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg