Nut-free Energy Balls
These nut-free energy balls are allergy friendly and are perfect for an afternoon snack!
Servings 18 balls
- 1 1/2 cups pitted, Medjool dates about 16 dates
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Place all ingredients, except the mini chocolate chips, in a high speed blender or food processor.
Blend until there are no large date pieces left and the majority of the oats have been ground down. When ready, the mixture will naturally start to crumble. If it's starting to clump together and sticks when you smash some between your fingers, it's ready. You may need to scrape down the sides of your blender of food processor a few times to get it all fully blended.
Scoop mixture into a separate bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
Form mixture into 1" balls (a little over a tablespoon of mixture per ball). Mixture makes between 16 and 18 balls.
Store in refrigerator. Will keep fresh for up to one week.
- If your dates aren't pitted, just tear them open and take pit out before using in the recipe.
- I like Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips as they use minimal ingredients and are allergy friendly.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg