Gluten-free Peach Crisp
Peach season is short, so go head and make yourself this gluten-free peach crisp recipe with blueberries. It’s easy to make, naturally sweetened, and is the perfect dessert for summer!
Servings 6 people
Ingredients for the Peach Filling
- 5 cups sliced peaches (about 5 large peaches)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot starch/flour (or tapioca starch/flour)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Ingredients for the Crumb Topping
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats (also known as old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (also called coconut palm sugar)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add sliced peaches, blueberries, lemon juice, arrowroot starch, and cinnamon to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix until peaches and blueberries are evenly coated with the arrowroot and cinnamon. Pour fruit mixture into a 10" cast iron skillet or 8x8 baking dish and spread out evenly.
Make the oat topping by adding the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Then fold in the coconut oil. Using a spoon, scoop tablespoon sized scoops of coconut oil into the topping mix. Once all oil has been added, using the back of the spoon, push down the pieces of oil into the mix until most of the topping has been incorporated into the coconut oil (some crumbly pieces may start to form). Sprinkle oat crumble topping on fruit mixture.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until crumb topping is lightly browned and fruit filling begins to bubble.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. This is very important as it further allows the arrowroot to thicken the fruit filling.
Serve with coconut whipped cream, ice cream, or as is. Enjoy!
- If you're not dairy free, you can substitute regular butter for the coconut oil.
- If you have a nut allergy, or don't have almond flour, you can sub oat flour, a gluten-free flour blend, or regular flour (I recommend white whole wheat flour - note if using regular flour this will no longer be gluten free).
- This is best eaten fresh. However, leftovers will stay good in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg