Easy Baked Chicken Fajita Bowls
These baked chicken fajita bowls are easy to put together and are easily customized with your toppings of choice.
Servings 6 servings
Ingredients for the Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 4 chicken breasts (total weight between 1.5-2 lbs)
- 5 sweet peppers, thinly sliced (any variation of red, yellow, orange, green)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (see notes)
Suggested Ingredients for Fajita Bowls
Preheat oven to 400.
Place the sliced peppers and sliced onion in a 9x13 baking dish. Try to push the peppers and onions to the edges of the pan as much as possible to make room for the chicken. Place chicken breasts in the middle of sliced peppers and onions (you will still have some underneath the chicken breasts and that's okay).
Mix the homemade seasoning mix and arrowroot starch together. Then sprinkle this over the chicken, peppers, and onions.
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 F.
Remove chicken breasts from the baking dish and shred with two forks. Place shredded chicken back in dish and mix with pepper and onions.
Build your fajita bowls with the recommended toppings or toppings of your choice.
- Arrowroot starch is used for creating a sauce with the seasoning. The peppers will let off a lot of water as they are cooked and this helps to create a nice base for the chicken and peppers. You could use tapioca starch/flour or corn starch in it's place.
- Calculated nutrition information is for the baked chicken, peppers, and onions. It does not include the suggested toppings for these bowls. Total nutrition will vary pending on the toppings you choose.
- I recommend organic ingredients where possible.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3245IU | Vitamin C: 131mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg