Nothing quite beats fresh guacamole. This five-ingredient guacamole is easy and ready in minutes. It’s the only homemade guacamole recipe you will ever need!
Servings 6 people
- 4 large, ripe avocados (5 if they are on the small side)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt more to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Slice avocados in half lengthwise and turn each half away from one another until avocado breaks in half. Scoop out the pit/seed and then using a spoon, scoop out each half of the avocado and add to your bowl. Using the back of a fork, or avocado masher, mash avocado halves, leaving a few small chunks.
Add onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and lime juice to mashed avocados. Mix all ingredients together.
Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Serve and enjoy!
- Depending on how big your lime is, I would recommend starting with the juice from 1/2 a lime. Taste the finished guacamole, and if desired, add in more lime juice.
- Depending on how big your garlic cloves are, you may be fine with one. But if they are small, I definitely recommend using two.
- I don't like spice, so I omit a jalapeño, but if spice is your thing, go ahead and add in some chopped jalapeño.
- Recommended to serve guacamole right away. Can be stored in the refrigerator if making in advance.
If I’m bringing the guacamole somewhere, I will prep the garlic, cilantro, onion, and lime juice and have that all ready to go in a medium bowl. Then I’ll just bring the avocados and the prepped ingredients in the mixing bowl, and then mash the avocados with the other ingredients right before serving.
- Recipe makes about 2 cups of guacamole.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 214IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg