Gluten-fee Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
This gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini bread is the perfect way to use up all those garden zucchinis.
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar also called coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup room temp
- 2 eggs, or flax eggs see notes for flax eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini; access water drained about 2 large zucchinis
Line a 9x5 bread pan with parchment paper, or lightly grease pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients (gluten-free flour through coconut sugar).
Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add in the maple syrup, eggs or flax eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Gently whisk wet ingredients and then mix all ingredients together.
Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips, leaving a few extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top before baking.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick entered in center comes out clean and edges begin to lightly brown.
Remove bread from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Once slightly cooled, use parchment paper to pull bread out of pan. If not using parchment paper, use a knife to loosen bread before removing from pan. Continue to cool before slicing.
- If using flax eggs, mix 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed plus 6 tbsp. hot water and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Mix flax egg mixture before adding with other ingredients.
- Making sure the maple syrup is room temperature will keep the melted coconut oil from solidifying when you mix the wet ingredients together.
- Batter will be on the thicker side. Use a wooden spoon to fold in/incorporate the zucchini and the chocolate chips into the batter.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg