Easy Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Tahini
Best roasted asparagus. Roasted asparagus is delicious with this easy lemon tahini sauce. It's the perfect side dish for anytime of year.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 8 people
For the Asparagus
- 2 bunches of asparagus about 2 pounds
- 1-2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
For the Tahini Sauce
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp. fresh lemon juice plus more to taste - see notes
- 1.5 tbsp. water plus more to thin - see notes
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds optional
Preheat oven to 400.
Prepare the asparagus by rinsing, drying, and snapping (or cutting) the ends of each spear. It's super easy to just snap the ends off - the asparagus spears will naturally break off about 1 inch from bottom.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and evenly place asparagus spears on parchment paper.
Drizzle with 1-2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil. Roll spears in oil until evenly coated.
Bake asparagus for 10-15 minutes. If your asparagus is on the thin side it should only take about 10 minutes. When you can easily pierce with a fork the asparagus is cooked. You want it cooked through, but still with a slight crunch.
While the asparagus is roasting, prepare the tahini sauce. Combine the tahini, garlic powder, lemon juice, and water in small bowl and mix until combined. You want to be able to drizzle the sauce over the asparagus. Add a few more drops of water if sauce is too thick.
Lay roasted asparagus on serving tray and drizzle tahini sauce over asparagus. Drizzle with additional lemon juice.
I also sprinkle hemp seeds to add some texture and for the visual appeal. Totally up to you if you want to add.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You want the tahini sauce to be smooth and creamy - if it's too thick/paste like, continue to add a few drops of water until you reach the desired consistency (a little water goes a long way so add slowly).
- I like to squeeze a little extra lemon juice over asparagus prior to serving.
- This recipe makes enough for 8-10 people. Simply cut the recipe in half/use only one bunch asparagus if making for a smaller group.
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 614IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg