I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again… we LOVE muffins. They pretty much work for any meal of the day and are great as a snack too. These banana bread muffins are a staple in our house. And the best part about them is that they are super easy to make. These are made with whole wheat flour, have simple ingredients, and are refined-sugar free. I’m pretty sure you need to give these a try.
These muffins will go fast. So if you’re feeling extra motivated I would double the batch so you have plenty for freezing. We always have a freezer stocked with healthy baked goods for easy and quick breakfasts or to add to lunches.
I have also used this same recipe to make banana bread. If you’d like to make banana bread, simply use a 9×5 loaf pan instead of a muffin pan and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350. When I make it as banana bread I will loosely tent the loaf of bread with tinfoil around 40 minutes to keep the top and edges from browning too much. Now you just need to decide if you want muffins or banana bread and then get it in the oven.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or line it with muffin cups.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and bananas. Mix until well combined.
- Evenly pour the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.