Smoothies are a go-to in our house! I will either eat a smoothie as a meal, or use as an add-on to any meal to pack in some more veggies, fruits, and nutrients. This tropical smoothie is a great change from your typical berry smoothie. The addition of the coconut makes it feel like you should be laying on a beach, basking in the sun (wouldn’t that be nice)! And it’s great that it contains a healthy serving of greens and carrots… you will never know there are carrots in your smoothie, I promise! I always recommend frozen fruit as it limits the need for ice (which can water down your smoothie) and helps to keep a thick/creamy texture.
I’ve added in a full serving of hemp seeds to this smoothie, which gives you 10 grams of pure plant protein. Hemp seeds are high in vitamin E, and several minerals like magnesium, potassium, and zinc. They are also high in heart healthy fatty acids and can even help to reduce inflammation.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup packed greens
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can use fresh fruit as opposed to frozen. I recommend adding in a cup of ice if using fresh fruit.