We are back at our routine of packing lunches after having some time off over the holidays! Our lunches were becoming quite predictable, so I needed something that I could easily add to my kids lunches as either their main focus or just as an extra add-in. I also wanted something hearty, filling, and that gave them a nice dose of nutrition. With that in mind, out came these delicious mini banana oat bites. The first time I made them half of the batch was gone within 15 minutes between my two kids and one of their friends… score!
Packed with oats, flax seeds, and chia seeds, these whole grain bites are rich in antioxidants and high in fiber. Oats also have more protein than most grains so you are getting some good protein as well. I love adding in any sort of super seed (chia, flax, hemp) in anything I can and chia and flax seeds are the perfect compliment to these tasty oat bites. Sweetened with banana and some pure maple syrup, these mini banana oat bites are sure to become a favorite in your house.
I make these into 24 mini muffins because I think kids just love the idea of mini food. But if you don’t have a mini muffin pan, this recipe easily makes 12 regular muffins. We’ve tried this recipe as regular muffins and they turn out just as good!
More Snack and Muffin Inspo
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below and/or share a photo on Instagram and mention @CleanPlateMama!
Mini Banana Oat Bites
- 2 rips bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup milk of choice room temperature
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds or flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana, coconut oil, milk, and maple syrup.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, flax seeds, and coconut. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly scoop mixture into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until muffins are set and oats start to lightly brown.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Having the milk at room temperature (throw in microwave for 30 seconds) keeps the coconut oil from solidifying when added into the wet ingredients.